Friday, October 26, 2012

Days 24 - 26

Day 24
This day I was thankful for Cooper.  I stayed home on Wednesday because I was having some contractions and I felt life I needed to rest.  I worked from home for a bit, but mostly I relaxed.  I went out in the morning to grab breakfast and I let Cooper come along.  Cooper used to ride with us everywhere, but since Autumn was born he has literally taken a back seat.  He was so excited to take a car ride for no real reason.  I even got him some breakfast.  I think he enjoyed spending the day with me at home.  Cooper is by far the best dog I have ever had.  He is not perfect and adjusting to family life has been hard for him, but he is still the best dog I've ever had.  He sleeps with Andrew and I every night and I imagine one day he will sleep with Autumn.  I hope he handles the transition to a family of 5 well (counting him of course).  My Mom is convinced he's going to eat Olivia (yes I said eat).  No he will not eat Olivia.  He has never been aggressive towards Autumn, but sometimes he is just a little too rough with her.  He doesn't understand that she is little.  He was fine with her as a baby though and I expect him to do fine with Olivia.  We'll still have to watch him with her of course, but we wouldn't not watch him around her anyways.  I am thankful for the joy and noise and craziness that Cooper brings to our life.  Autumn loves her Bubba (her name for Cooper).



My two big babies.


Autumn loves Bubba.
Day 25
This day I was thankful for car insurance.  I was in a tiny fender bender last week and I have been dealing with insurance ever since to try to get my car fixed.  My accident was minor.  A 16 year old kid ran into my car in the Lifetime Fitness parking lot.  He was being a moron and backed up several dozen feet straight into the rear end of my Jeep.  The poor kid was in a brand new car too, didn't even have a license plate yet.  Anyways the minor accident caused a couple thousand dollars worth of damage to my rear door and bumper.  Looking at it you wouldn't believe it was that much damage, but it was.  Yesterday I dropped off my car at the dealership to begin the body work on it.  The whole process of dealing with the insurance company has been relatively painless so far (fingers crossed that it stays that way).  I have a rental car until my car is repaired and we shouldn't be out any of our own money to cover the damages or the rental.  I am very thankful that the kid who hit me had car insurance.  We only carry collision on my car, since it is an older car, so if the accident had been my fault or if the kid had not had insurance then my car would probably just have to keep on going without being repaired.



You can hardly see the damage here, but my rear
spare tire is off center from the impact.
Day 26
Today I am thankful for family.  I love that we live so close to so much of our family.  When Andrew and I were seniors at ACU we started thinking about where we wanted to find jobs and begin our life together after college.  We knew that we wanted to try to be close to family if we could.  Over the years we've toyed with the idea of moving away and we wouldn't rule it out in the future if our jobs ever required us to move, but we really love being so close to family.  I've got friends that don't have family close by and I can see how much harder things are for them.  They manage and they are great parents, but I know they have it harder than we do. 

This morning Papa and Bobbi picked up Autumn for a play day.  They were taking her and Lilly and Ryan to Memorial City Mall.  I've heard there is a great play area there and Papa mentioned something about a train.  I really wish I could have gone with them instead of going to work today.  I feel so blessed that we have family close by that can spoil our girls with fun play days.  I know Autumn will have a blast today and I can't wait to see pictures and hear about her day.

One of the other perks of living close to family is that Grandma (my Mom) is able to watch Autumn 2 days a week rather than sending her to school all 5 days.  This has been a huge blessing for Autumn to have some good quality time with her Grandma and to have more one on one attention.  Starting in January we are planning to have Autumn transition to school 5 days a week, so that my Mom can watch Olivia 2 days a week.  Autumn is at a great age for this transition and I'm confident she will adjust well.  My Mom only agreed to the arrangement if she can take Autumn out of school on occasion for a fun day with Grandma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment