Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 11

Today I am thankful for my friends.  A couple of weeks ago several of my friends threw me a little shower for Olivia. 

I had been kinda feeling down lately because I felt like everyone was forgetting about Olivia.  Autumn is here now and so easy to focus on, plus the twins have been a huge focus of excitement for our family.  With Olivia being the fourth of four girls on Andrew's side (the second on my side), she is easy to forget about.  Andrew and I decided when we found out we were having another girl that we would not have a shower for Olivia since we have so many clothes and baby items leftover from Autumn.  That said, there is always still a lot to do and buy to get ready for a new baby.  When I started a list and added it all up it was overwhelming.  Currently Olivia's room is still a "man cave".  This is probably the most stressful part of all.

My sweet sweet friend Christel knew how I felt about Olivia being forgotten and she decided to plan a shower for me with a few close friends at one of my favorite restaurants - Escalante's.  Christel enlisted my other sweet friend Laura to help coordinate with everyone.  It was a great night of catching up with friends, good food, and celebrating sweet little Olivia.  Olivia received some gift cards to Babies R Us, wipes, diapers, and Boogie wipes.  All just what we needed!

Last night I finally used up the gift cards to buy some necessities (and not so necessary items) for Olivia.  She got a cute owl sleeper, a red dress for the holidays (with a matching one for Autumn), newborn formula (so Mommy can drink an occasional glass of wine), a carseat undermat (for Daddy's fancy car), and a few other essentials.  Grandma also came with us and bought us a new double stroller. 

I think we have just about everything we need for Olivia's arrival now, but we still have some work to do to get ready for her.  Daddy has a very long list of house projects to finish before she arrives.  I am planning to start washing all of Olivia's clothes and blankets next week and pack a bag for the hospital.  That's about all I can do to get ready for her.  Only 21 days to go!!!

1 comment:

  1. I was sad to miss the shower! We had plans that evening that had been on the calendar for a while. But looking forward to bringing you a meal after sweet Olivia arrives!

    ReplyDelete