Friday, October 5, 2012

Day Five

Today I am thankful for KSBJ.  KSBJ is a Christian, listener supported, radio station in Houston.  I started listening to KSBJ back in the fall/winter of 2007.  I was working in College Station for a week or so and I was able to pick up the signal there.  They had just started playing Christmas music (which they do non-stop from Thanksgiving until Christmas) and then the station had a challenge to continue listening to KSBJ after the holidays for 30 days straight, listening to nothing else.  I hadn't really listened to Christian music much since high school, so I enjoyed getting to know some of the newer songs and artists.  I also began working out and running in early 2008.  I downloaded many of my favorite songs from KSBJ to listen to while I ran.

Now, I don't always listen to KSBJ.   I do usually listen to KSBJ when I have Autumn in the car.  I feel like it is more appropriate for her than many of the other things on the radio.  I usually listen to talk radio in the morning and evening commute, but my favorite talk show doesn't come on until 8am and I was driving in earlier than that this morning, so I turned on KSBJ.  One of my newer favorite songs came on:

Jesus Friend of Sinners by Casting Crowns

I really feel like this song describes where I am/want to be in my walk with Christ right now.  It's a great song.  Hope y'all enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment