Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 23

Day 23
Today I am thankful for my Mom.  She always goes out of her way to help me or really to help anyone.  Last night she (and my Dad) watched Autumn overnight, so that Andrew could paint the door to Autumn's room and have time for it to dry before she came home and started touching it.  My Mom then got up this morning with Autumn and picked up our housekeeper and took her over to Aislynn's house, so Aislynn wouldn't have to get out with the twins.  On top of that she brought both Aislynn and I breakfast - Pumpkin Walnut Crunch Bagels with Honey Almond Schmear from Einstein's.  YUMMY!

My Mom is always very generous with her time.  Last week she took her good friend to MD Anderson for her chemo treatment.  Anyone who has been to MD Anderson knows that it is not a quick trip.  You see one doctor after another and you end up spending the whole day there.  My Mom did this for her friend happily.  She also has helped another friend undergoing cancer treatments with her business, stocking/restocking vending machines, during her treatments.  Did I mention this friend lives on the other side of town, about an hour away from my Mom?

My Mom and I are very different personality wise, but one thing I truly admire in her and hope to replicate in my own life is the way she so generously shares her time with her loved ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment