Monday, October 22, 2012

Days 19-22 Weekend Catch Up

Okay, so I don't really blog on the weekends.  Monday is always good for catching up.  Here is an update on my 31 days of thanksgiving from our weekend.

Day 19 (Friday)
Friday I was thankful for my wonderful co-workers who threw me a little surprise shower including some beautiful decorations, yummy cake, and gifts for both of my baby girls.  I am so beyond blessed to have super sweet co-workers and a job that I truly enjoy.  As icing on the cake I only work 40 hours a week, so I get plenty of time to spend with my babies.  (For those of you who knew what my public accounting days were like then you know a 40 hours work week is a vacation for me)




Day 20 (Saturday)
Saturday I was thankful for birthday parties.  In our family we don't just celebrate birthdays once (or sometimes even twice).  As many parties as we can is the idea.  On Saturday afternoon we headed to Chuck E. Cheese with Grandma Joy, Nana, Pops and Dang to celebrate Autumn's 2nd birthday.  Autumn had a blast.  She ate almost her whole pizza, played a lot of games, ran around like a mad woman, and basically wore herself out.  She couldn't stay awake on the way home no matter how hard she tried.  Autumn received lots of Disney gifts, including a Cinderella dress up outfit (complete with light up shoes, wand, and crown), Minnie PJ's, Minnie purse, etc.  She absolutely loves the Cinderella dress.  She loves to twirl around in it.  So so so cute!



Playing games with Daddy.



Sliding in the toddler area.





In her new Cinderella dress.

Day 21 (Sunday)
Sunday I was thankful for my husband (again).  I have been super stressed about getting the house/nursery done before Olivia gets here.  Andrew works a lot, so finding the time to complete the million DIY projects around the house has been very hard.  He stayed up until 5:30am Sunday morning painting the trim and doors in our hallways.  We're getting closer to being ready for Olivia, but we (and I really mean Andrew here) still have a lot of work to do.  Andrew promises that she will have a painted room with an assembled crib and dresser by Sunday, so that I can organize clothes, bibs, diapers, etc. on Monday and Tuesday before she arrives on Wednesday.  Time will tell whether he can live up to this promise or not.  Did I mention he is going out of town Friday too.



Our room is almost done.  Here is our new bed.  Love it!

Day 22 (Today)
Today I am thankful for lunch with Tia and the girls.  I had my ultrasound this morning.  Olivia is still growing well, but she is still breech.  I am hoping and praying that she turns in the next 9 days.  After my ultrasound appointment Andrew and I went to early vote.  Then I headed into town for lunch with Tia and the girls at Hungry's.  The food there is always yummy and I got to hold the sweet girls.  Lilah was a little fussy and then Lili was.  It's so weird holding a baby again.  It's been so long since Autumn was that small.  I'm looking forward to getting more baby snuggle time when Olivia gets here next week.  I love that Olivia is going to have cousins so close to her in age.  They're going to be so close growing up.


Adorable girls!


1 comment:

  1. I am very impressed that your sister in law is getting out and about with two babies! That is not easy I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete