Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day Four

Today I am thankful for new furniture.  Andrew and I have had some pieces of furniture since we first got married 9 years ago.  One such piece of furniture is our coffee table.

This is the best picture I could find of our old coffee table.
When we got married we inherited this coffee table from Andrew's parents, so it is really much older than 9 years.  I'm guessing around 15+ years old.  I have nothing against old furniture.  Antiques are great if they are well built or maintained/updated.  We don't really update our furniture though.  A few years ago (my guess is around 3 or 4 years ago) one of the glass pieces in the coffee table broke in half.  We taped it together with packing tape and have made do with it ever since.  When Autumn starting cruising and walking we updated the coffee table with bumpers all around it.  Unfortunately they don't really stay on very well and are always coming unglued.  Needless to say we were way over due for a new coffee table.

I wanted a round coffee table or an ottoman because I wanted something that I wouldn't worry about the kids falling and hitting their heads on.  Glass or stone coffee tables were completely out for us.  We ended up deciding on a Tillary Ottoman from West Elm.  I just picked it up during my lunch break today and I am excited to get it home and set up.  I'll update the blog with pictures later. 

Tillary Ottoman from West Elm in Charcoal Faux Suede


No comments:

Post a Comment