Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Revisiting Life Lesson #2

A while back I started writing life lessons from my first 30 years.  I doubt I will finish these before the big 3-0, but I wanted to take a minute to revisit #2.

One of the blogs I follow, Hands Free Mama, had an amazing post yesterday about a friend who lost her battle to Melanoma.  Melanoma is a very serious disease that is also very preventable.  See my post on Life Lesson #2 for more on prevention.

Next weekend, on September 22nd Autumn, Dada and I will be walking a 5K with AIM for a Cure.  This organization seeks to raise funds for Melanoma Research and Awareness about the disease.  Autumn decided to participate in this walk because her Great Pops was diagnosed with Melanoma several months ago and is currently undergoing treatment.  Please keep Pops in your prayers as the treatment never seems to end.  He has a great attitude and a lot of family to provide their support.




Please remember to wear sunscreen and more importantly to make your kiddos wear it.

Also please watch this video if you have time and donate to Autumn's fundraising efforts if you feel led to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment