Friday, September 21, 2012

Singles Link Up

So, I happened to meander over to Kelly's Korner today and found out there were doing a Singles Link Up.  I quickly e-mailed my hubby’s best friend to see if he wanted me to link him up.  No response, so I decided to link him up anyways.

For those of you from Kelly’s Korner, or any other single ladies out there, here is a little bit about my good friend Matt.

Andrew on left, Matt on right at our New Year's Eve Party ringing in 2011. 
Note that Matt now has some hair.

Matt will be 30 next month.  He is a West Texas boy, born and raised in Abilene.  Like Andrew and I, Matt attended ACU.  He and Andrew met when they pledged Frater Sodalis together in the fall of 2002.  They quickly became great friends and even roomed together for a semester before Andrew and I got married.  Unfortunately Matt and I cleaned up after Andrew in college and Andrew never learned how to clean up after himself.  Matt on the other hand likes to have a clean house, car, etc.  Ladies - he knows how to wash dishes and laundry!  We have a lot of great memories of Matt from college, most of which involve eating lots of good food.   

Matt at our Thanksgiving celebration last year.

Matt graduated from ACU with a degree in Chemistry and Biochemistry and he currently works in College Station, TX.  He is a HUGE Longhorn fan, despite living in Aggieland.  He is hoping to relocate to Houston someday, since 1. We live there and 2. There is a much better job market in H-town.

Matt is “Uncle Matt” to our sweet little Autumn.  He is great with her and insists that she needs to stop growing as she is getting way too big each time he sees her.

Autumn loves Uncle Matt, despite her expression in this picture.
 Matt starting participating in triathlons and races over the last couple of years and he recently kicked Andrew’s butt at the Bridgeland Tri in August. 

Andrew, Marc (also single) and Matt after the Bridgeland Tri last month.
Matt also recently started dancing.  He enjoys country (two step, polka, waltz), ballroom (fox trot, waltz, quickstep, and east coast swing), and latin dancing (cha cha and rhumba).

Matt is probably my guy best friend and he is one of the sweetest and most sincere people I know.  I would love to see him happily settled down with a nice girl.  Please e-mail me at amandac.walker@gmail.com if you would like to know more about Matt or would like his contact information. 

5 comments:

  1. What a great guy Matt sounds like!! I'm not from TX but I visit a lot. I'm #71 on the link up - if you think Matt would be interested! By the way, Autumn is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dancing too -- polka's my favorite :) Amy, 29, Houston

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like Matt could be a good fit for my super sweet, funny, smart, independent, loving friend Rachel! Rachel is number 175, if you think they would hit it off leave a comment on her blog post :) Praying God's blessings over all these sweet "singles" - Jen Olson olsons01@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't do a post this go-round, but my friend posted for me last time Kelly did a Show us Your Singles. Here is her post:

    http://sundrenchedmoments.blogspot.com/2011/03/kellys-korner-show-us-your-singles.html

    and here is my blog: jennipearl.blogspot.com

    (p.s. I grew up in Abilene as well - just a few years ahead of Matt, also went to ACU and just recently moved back to be closer to family)

    ReplyDelete