Friday, September 28, 2012

Scarf Swap

This year I participated in the 4th Annual Scarf Swap hosted by Meredith over at The Tichenor Family.  I've never done anything like this before, but I love scarves and it sounded like fun. 

I was paired with Kerbi Hardwick from So Are You to Me.  Kerbi is a 4th grade teacher in San Antonio and she was at ACU around the same time I was.  We exchanged addresses and info on what we like/don't like in a scarf.  Since we both live in south/central Texas we both wanted lightweight scarves.  Thick chunky scarves get very little use around here.  I also made sure to mention that bright pink scarves are a faux paux for me since they clash with my hair.

I searched all over the web for a great scarf for Kerbi.  I found a bunch I love on Etsy, but I really wanted to be able to see/feel it before I bought it.  I didn't want one that was too thick or too silky.  So, after searching all over, I wound up at my usual scarf store - Target (pronounced with a French accent - Tar-jay).  I have bought several beautiful scarves at Target over the last year or so.  I found a beautiful fall floral scarf by Mossimo Supply Co.  Below is a picture.  I couldn't find it on Target's web site and it's been a while since I mailed it so I am 99% sure this is the one I bought her. :-)

I received this beautiful printed scarf in the mail from Old Navy (another great scarf store).  Kerbi did a fantastic job picking out a scarf for me.


I love the colors and the tassels.  It is also a nice sheer lightweight scarf.  Perfect to wear now as the weather is just starting to cool off a little bit. 

I've been holding off on doing this blog post because I wanted to get a cute picture of me in my new scarf (one not taken by me while looking into a mirror), but that is unlikely to happen anytime soon.  I was all ready to take a picture yesterday morning when I realized that my camera was at Luke and Aislynn's house.  I finally gave up.  I do have one picture of me in the scarf from our Grandparents Day dinner a while back.  The pic is not great, but oh well.




I really enjoyed being a part of the Scarf Swap this year and am already looking forward to doing it again next year.  Thanks Kerbi and Meredith!

No comments:

Post a Comment