Friday, July 13, 2012

Through the Years - Part 3

So, like I mentioned in the last post I don't really have any pictures (at least not digitally) from 2005 - 2007.  Here is a quick recap of what happened during those years.

In March of 2005 (our Senior year at ACU) we went to Paris with Andrew's family.  This was my first trip to Europe and I loved it.

In May 2005 Andrew and I graduated from ACU and bought our first (and only) house in Missouri City.  Seven years later we are still there, and coincidentally there are still no pictures hung on the walls (oops).

In June 2005 and August 2005 respectively Andrew and I started work for Big 4 Accounting Firms (him at Deloitte and me at EY).  The fact that we worked (and Andrew still works) for Big 4 could explain the lack of pictures.  Public accounting is a very demanding lifestyle, but it is a great place to start your career and give you a good foundation.

I honestly don't remember a lot about 2006 and 2007.  I know we travelled some for my work (mostly the northeast - Boston, New York, etc.).  We worked a lot and spent free time mostly with our families.

My New Year's Resolution for 2008 was to lose weight/get in shape.  I started Weight Watchers after the suggestion came from a co-worker and over 6 months I lost 25 pounds and 5 dress sizes. 

Some other fun things that happened in 2008:
  1. I cut my hair super short.
  2. We celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary at the Four Seasons in Austin (love that hotel).
  3. We spent some time hanging out at the under construction beach house in POC.
  4. We went to New York City in August (our second time there).
  5. Andrew spent 6 weeks in Hyderabad, India for work.
  6. Hurricane Ike hit the Houston area and took our kitchen with it.
  7. We travelled to Amsterdam and Brugges, Belgium.
  8. Andrew got in a bar fight (sort of)
  9. I ran the San Antonio Half Marathon with my Mom.  Andrew and my Dad came along to support us.
  10. My Mom and I trained for our first full marathon (in January 2009).
Here are some pictures from 2008.


Celebrating our anniversary at the Four Seasons.








Cooper loves the water!


At a cafe in the Big Apple.

At the top of the bell tower in Brugge.


At a foundatin in Brugge.


The night Andrew got in a bar fight. 
(really some guy just sucker punched Andrew in the back of the head
 - no actual fight ensued)




The night before the San Antonio half marathon with baby Connor.



At a Christmas Family Dinner at Escalante's.


First Colony CoC Young Married Christmas Party.


No comments:

Post a Comment