Friday, March 22, 2013

Meet Nicol

For Autumn's 2nd birthday I decided to sponsor a child in her name through www.compassion.com.  I chose a little girl named Nicol from Bolivia.  Nicol's birthday is the same date as Autumn's, but she is two years older than Autumn.  Nicol lives with her Abuelito (Grandpa).  Her grandma passed away in 2012, and they were very close.  I have no idea how much her mother and father are involved in her life.  I did receive one letter from her mother, so it appears she is at least somewhat involved.  I received a letter this morning from Nicol, written by her tutor.  Nicol had also added some drawings of her own on the letter.  She drew a picture of her favorite person, Abuelito.  Her letter made me cry.  She is so little and she has so much less than our little girls.  I think her letter made me cry mostly because it was written by her tutor rather than a parent or grandparent.  Nicol probably doesn't have a quarter of the loved ones surrounding her that our girls have.  I hope that the little bit that we provide for Nicol is able to affect her life in a positive way.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! We used to sponsor kids through Compassion too! It was fun for the girls to get letters.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete