Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lately

There's not much going on lately.  Andrew is in the midst of busy season, so he is pretty much gone Monday through Friday and then we get to catch up with him some on the weekends.  I'm not gonna lie being a single parent would be VERY VERY hard.  I get a glimpse of that life for a few weeks every spring and again in the fall and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  Anyways, here's a little catch up on the past few weeks:




Autumn had a dentist appointment last week.  She did great.  The dentist said her teeth looked good and we're to come back in 6 months for a cleaning and x-rays.  After her appointment she got a pink balloon.  As she was getting in the car she let go of it and it was gone.  She said losing the balloon "make me so sad".  I think that was the first she's expressed feeling sad to me.



Go Texan Day was last Friday.  Autumn wore PINK cowgirl boots.  Too stinkin cute!  Next year we're going to get her a hat.





I also got to watch the trail ride on my way into work.  I LOVE being a Texan and a native Houstonian.  It is so fun to enjoy this time of year and celebrate our great city and state.  I can't wait to take the girls to the Rodeo carnival in a week or two.  I know Autumn will love it.

Of course as soon as I pulled into the parking lot at work I got a call from Andrew.  He had blown a tire.  I had to go get him and take him downtown.  Didn't get into work until 11am.  What a way to start the day.






I've been trying to work with Olivia on tummy time.  She hasn't rolled over yet, which isn't really a big concern, but she won't roll over unless she practices spending time on her tummy, so Tummy Time it is.  She is doing great at holding up her head and shoulders.  She does pretty well for a few minutes and then she gets tired and fussy. 




She's also been sitting up in her bumbo some too.  She loves to look around and she actually really likes watching TV.  Bad habits start early, huh?

I'm still ONLY drinking water for lent.  I cheated once, on Sunday, with a margarita.  Other than that I have done really well.  No coffee, no tea, no diet soda.  I am looking forward to Easter Sunday.  Planning to drink a big cup of coffee (or two) at church and a mimosa at brunch.

I am also doing the My Fit Foods 21 Day Challenge right now.  I have tried My Fit Foods several times for lunch meals in the past, but I wanted to do something to help me shed these last few pounds of baby weight.  The food has been pretty good and I've lost about 3-4lbs.  I still have 1 week to go and am hoping to drop another 3-4 pounds before the 21 days is up.  I won't be down to my goal weight, but I should be pretty close.  I think my biggest take away from this challenge will be training myself on eating more frequently throughout the day and eating healthier snacks.  I am looking forward to cooking again soon though.

No comments:

Post a Comment