Friday, January 11, 2013

Olivia's Birth Story

I understand the point of sharing a birth story, but I will graciously spare most of the gory details of Olivia's birth story.  In the words of a very wise woman "ain't nobody got no time for that."

Anyways, here is Olivia's birth story complete with pictures (ones we almost lost when the Scan Disk became corrupt).

Olivia was a stubborn little baby and would not turn around for me, so we had to schedule a c-section.  My c-section was scheduled for October 31st at 12:30PM.  Yes, we knowingly decided to have a Halloween baby. 

That morning, Andrew and I woke up, got Autumn ready in her Minnie Mouse Halloween costume and then took her to school for the Halloween parade.  We watched the parade of infants, toddler 1's and then Autumn's class before we jetted out to the hospital. 



We arrived at Methodist Sugar Land L&D and got checked into a room.  We waited in the room for about an hour before I was wheeled back to the OR.  Andrew wasn't allowed in the OR for a little while.  I got my epidural and then just hung out until they were sure I was completely numb.  My doctor came in and "zipped me open" in her words.  Olivia arrived at 12:41PM.  I was mostly out of it by then.  I'm not sure if it was the epidural or the lack of food or what, but I became exhausted during the c-section.  Andrew got to hold Olivia while the doc "zipped me back up".  Having a c-section was a very very different experience.  Although you can't feel pain, you can still feel pressure, pulling, etc.  I don't like to think about it much.  Maybe if I don't think about it then I will be willing to do it again someday.







Within an hour or so I was wheeled into a post partum room.  I got to hold and nurse sweet Olivia.  Later in the evening Autumn came up to the hospital to meet Olivia before she went trick or treating with Daddy.  My parents stayed with me while Andrew took her out.  The whole experience seems like a blur now, but in general it went very well.  I went into the hospital on a Wednesday and left on Saturday.  As soon as I could I got up and started walking around.  I walked the halls a few times each day.  The recovery actually felt so much easier this time around. Other than the fact that I couldn't lift Autumn I would say the recovery was a breeze.


2 comments:

  1. So sweet. :)

    The post partum recovery was the one thing I was not prepared for. Man. . . it was rough. Took me a good 5 weeks to feel back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! She's adorable! My csec recovery was easy too except I still wish he came out natural! Oh well :)

    ReplyDelete