Thursday, January 31, 2013

Lent

I am thinking about doing something crazy for Lent this year.  Today I got an e-mail from Living Water International (a non profit organization that provides clean water to people in need of it).  Living Water is encouraging people to do the H2O Project.  I am thinking about jumping on the bandwagon.  The premise of the project is that you only drink water for a period of time (40 days for Lent) and then you donate the money you save to help people who need clean water.  I don't know if I can truly quantify the money I will save, but I will plan to drink ONLY water for Lent and then donate a sum of money to Living Water on Easter Sunday.  This will be SUPER HARD for me since I typically drink a cup of coffee every morning, a diet soda or two in the afternoon and a beer or wine at dinner.  I am confident that I will have caffeine withdrawals and I am also confident that I will rethink this decision A LOT.  As an adult I have enjoyed the practice of Lent and I truly believe that whatever you do for Lent should be challenging.  This will certainly be a challenge for me.  Keep me in your thoughts and prayers once Lent begins.  I have a feeling I'll be nursing a hangover on Ash Wednesday with no Gatorade or coffee to help me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment