Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year.  It started with Andrew and Autumn sneaking to the grocery store while I was getting ready for church.  I had gotten dressed and ready and went to find Andrew to see if my skirt was too tight over my expanding belly (and hips).  I couldn't find him and Autumn anywhere.  I assumed they had gone to get donuts or something fun like that.  Turns out they went to the grocery store to buy me some beautiful flowers for Mother's Day.  Andrew even had Autumn hand them to me.  How sweet is that?

After church Andrew agreed to take us to brunch at Escalante's even though he did not want to go there.  We ate outside and enjoyed a nice meal with a fidgety little girl.

My only wish for Mother's Day was for an afternoon nap.  That didn't happen.  Autumn slept for about 30 minutes on the way home from brunch and decided that she didn't need to nap anymore.  So, Andrew, Autumn and I loaded up and headed "into town" to look at bicycles for Andrew.  He has been toying with the idea of buying a road bike for a few months and he is about to take the plunge. 

After bicycle shopping we headed home for Daddy to mow the lawn.  Autumn and I called Ms. Christel to see if she and Eli wanted to play.  We met them at the park near their house in Pearland and had a ball.  Autumn is so sweet with Eli.  I like asking her to give him a hug.  She nearly tackles him, but in a sweet way.

On the way home from the park Autumn fell asleep in the car.  She ate dinner and was in bed for the night.  Then the real treat began.  Andrew cooked me dinner.  How sweet!  Now if only he would have cleaned the dishes too.

Andrew and I are both in agreement that holidays like Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day, (really even anniversaries) etc. are "appreciation holidays".  This means that no real gifts are expected or wanted, only gestures to show your love and appreciation.  Andrew did a great job showing me that he and Autumn love and appreciate me for being Mommy.  I feel very blessed to be Autumn's Mommy and am looking forward to being a Mommy to two little angels by next Mother's Day.

2 comments: