Thursday, May 3, 2012

Big Girl

Autumn is becoming such a big girl.  Recently we moved her to a "big girl bed."  She was so excited when we came home one night and daddy had put the bed together.  She climbed right up on the bed and wanted to go to sleep right then.  She did great her first night. 




The nights since then have been fairly good.  The hardest part is getting her to go down to bed.  Once she is down she stays in bed all night and sleeps through the night.  Last night I put her to bed at 9PM screaming (her not me).  She didn't scream long though and was asleep very quickly.  I think we have been fortunate that she doesn't seem to want to roam around her room at night.  Although she does roam during nap times some days.  The other day Hurricane Autumn hit her room with a vengeance.  She had pulled out all of her blankets and sheets from her dresser and some clothes and shoes too.  Turns out she had a dirty diaper and just couldn't take a nap, so it was play time.

On another note I stayed home with Autumn on Tuesday this week.  It was a crazy and stressful day for me.  It started out fine.  We got up and got ready (a 2 hour process) and then headed to the park for some fun.  Autumn played hard and loved the park.  She didn't want to leave, but once we did she fell asleep in the car on the way to Chick-fil-A.  I went through the drive-thru and then headed her home for her nap.  I put her in bed and she woke up.  She cried, so I decided I would let her eat lunch and then we would try naptime again.  BIG MISTAKE!  Naptime never happened.  I count on her naps to do work or get things done around the house.  By 3PM I called my boss to inform her that I had not gotten any work done and probably wouldn't since Autumn still wouldn't take a nap.  I felt like a failure of a Mom.  I was so frustrated and tired myself.  After I threw a little tantrum we made the best of the napless afternoon.  We went to the grocery store, read books, snacked, and at 8PM went to pick up Mommy's dinner, because I was in no mood to cook.  Autumn finally went to bed around 8:40PM.  Such a late night for little girl who didn't have a real nap all day.  Autumn is a handful with a lot of energy.  She can easily wear me out.  Going to work the next day felt like a vacation.

Here are a few pictures from our week.  Enjoy!


Beautiful flowers from Andrew for "taking care of the house". 
(We had a flooding issue in my bathroom last week)

Movie Star!


Our lunch view on Saturday.


Lunch at the zoo on Saturday.  We tackled a trip to the zoo just
Mommy and Autumn without a stroller.  Went fairly well.


3 comments:

  1. Love her! You're doing great, Amanda. Seriously. The kind of day you had home with her happens to me nearly every week. These pics are so great! She's growing so big and beautiful. I love that she loves her big girl bed! Yay! New adventures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, I say it happens to me too not to belittle your experience at all. It's TOUGH! Just wanting you to know it's normal, and you're not a bad mom. :-) Love you!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement Mel! It's nice to know other Moms don't have it all together all the time.

    ReplyDelete