Friday, May 11, 2012

Favorite Baby Items

Lately I've been thinking about some of my favorite baby items.  This was prompted by my sister-in-law asking for help with her baby registry.  I still haven't decided whether we will do a registry or not for baby #2 (I figure we will decide once we know the sex), but I started making a list of what we need to buy vs. what we already have from Autumn.  In this process I also jotted down a few of my favorite items that have come in handy with Autumn over the last 19 months or so.  I know every Mom has their own preferences and favorites and they are certainly not all the same, but here is my list of favorites:

  1. Wet Bags from Etsy - I just bought 2 bags from this shop and LOVE them!  I use these for keeping a plastic plate, silverware and bib for when we go out to eat.  Autumn tends to throw glass restaurant plates on the floor, so we started bringing our own.  The wet bags make clean up after dinner a breeze.
  2. Snack Bags from Etsy - I use these for keeping random things in the diaper bag organized.  In one I keep a juice box and a pacifier.  In another I have diaper rash cream, hand lotion for Mommy, and my lip gloss.  I said the items I use it for was random.  I also use these for snacks.
  3. Munchkin Snack Catcher - Great for in the car or on the go snacking.
  4. Vera Bradley Diaper Bag - I tried several diaper bags (Petunia Picklebottom, Vera Vera bag, etc.)  I ended up with this one and I love it.  Vera also has out a new cross body diaper bag that might be a nice option.  These also go on sale from time to time.  The other day they had them 50% off (sale colors only).  I was so tempted to buy one, but I didn't need another one and I didn't know anyone who did.
  5. Vera Bradley Book Bag - I got this last fall when it was a limited edition for back to school.  It looks like they have come out with it again.  It has been great for days when we go to the zoo or are walking around a lot more.  It is easier to carry than the diaper bag on those days.
  6. Munchkin Plastic Plates - see #1 above for uses.  We also use these at home.  They're dishwasher safe and durable.
  7. Pampers Diapers - I know everyone has their own diapers that they love, but we just keep going back to these.  We used the swaddlers when Autumn was a newborn.  I think I liked these best then because they were the only ones I could find in a preemie size.  When Autumn came home from the hospital the newborn size diapers were so big on her.  We used the Huggies Slip Ons when Autumn was in her squirmy phase just before walking and those were wonderful for that phase, but know she will pretty much lay still for a diaper change, so back to Pampers it is.  We use the Cruisers during the day and the Extra Protection ones at night.  They seem to be the most absorbent and secure.  Plus they have Elmo, which makes Autumn happy.
  8. Pampers Sensitive Thickcare Wipes - I have tried other wipes at times, but these are by far my favorite.  They are thick and easy to pull out.  They are also soft.  I have other brands fall apart when I pull them out and some others seem so much stiffer.
  9. Sophie the Giraffe Teether - Great teether and oh so cute!
  10. Aden and Anais Muslin Swaddle Blankets - my favorite blankets by far.  Autumn loves them too.  Autumn doesn't seem to get as cold as I do, so these light weight blankets are great year round.  They are breathable, so I felt safe leaving her in the crib with them earlier than with any other blankets.  They're also really cute and soft.  They have a ton of products on their web site too; crib sheets, security blankets, etc.
  11. mamaRoo - Autumn's favorite swing.  It does several different motions and even hooks up to your iPhone (although we never used that function).  I got it back from a friend a few weeks ago and Autumn insisted on sitting in it.  She's way too big now though.  I can just see her throwing a fit when we put baby brother or sister in there.
  12. BOB Revolution Stroller - Best jogging stroller.  We don't use this a ton because Autumn doesn't really like being in the stroller now that she is walking everywhere.  It was great for before she was walking though and it still comes in handy for days when we go to the zoo or do 5k's, basically anywhere there is a lot of walking. 
  13. Stride Rite Shoes - Autumn has a lot of shoes, but the Stride Rite shoes seem to be the best all around shoe.  They are cute (although there are a lot of cuter ones out there) but they really seem to be the most supportive for Autumn's feet.  Investing in a couple of these is worth it.
  14. Amazon Mom - This is a free membership program through Amazon that offers you discounts and savings on shipping, subscribe & save, etc.  I use the Subscribe & Save options for diapers, wipes, and Boogie Wipes.  I just select which product I want, the quantity and how often I want it to arrive (once a month, one every 2 months, etc.).  It saves time and money and the items almost always ship within 2 days.  When I initially started using it I found it to be around 20-30% cheaper than buying from the grocery store.  The Amazon Mom program is free for 3 months (I actually think I got it free for a year when I started) and after that you can pay the Amazon Prime membership for $79/year and receive all of the same benefits.  I do believe that the membership more than pays for itself if you use it enough.
  15. Graco SnugRider Stroller - This snap and go type stroller was perfect when we just had Autumn.  It was cheap (around $75) and very functional.
  16. Graco Ready2Grow Stroller - I am planning to buy or register for this stroller with baby #2.  I've tried it out in store and it seems perfect.  You can use it with the infant car seat or not.  It also has a sit and stand option for Autumn, which I think we will end up using a lot.  I will have a final verdict on it once we start using it.
  17. Boogie Wipes - These are my favorite all around wipe.  Since they are a saline wipe I feel safe using it to wipe Autumn's face.  We also use it for boogers (obviously) and dirty hands, etc.
That's it for now.  I'm adding to the list as I find more things I love.  What are your favorite baby and toddler  items?

No comments:

Post a Comment