Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Blog Post worth sharing

This morning I read this Lysa Terkeurst Blog Post and it really resonated with me.  Although I don't think Autumn has ever sent my coffee flying into the air, I have experienced more than one public meltdown with her (and I'm sure Olivia has a few coming my way). 

I think Lysa made a great point in this post about how our children need to be parented.  They need guidance.  They need to know right from wrong. 

Autumn is at the age where this is very evident and something that we work on every single day.  Finding the right way to discipline your child seems to be a process of trial and error, but one that is necessary.  Time outs generally work well with Autumn, as does counting to 3 with a time out or spanking warning coming if we get to 3.  I know each child is different and we will probably have to learn the right way to discipline Olivia, as it may be different than what we're doing now with Autumn.  In short, our girls need to be told "no" from time to time in order to learn certain lessons that they won't learn if we just give in to them all of the time.

My hopes are that the measures Andrew and I take now to guide and parent our girls will help them to become graceful, intelligent, and mature young women someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment