Friday, August 24, 2012

What's going on these days . . .

Less than a month until it is officially fall.  I can't wait!  I've already broken out my Bath & Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Bubble Bath.  Autumn even took a bath with it last night. 

Love this stuff!

I've also started burning my fall candles.  I absolutely love fall.  It is my favorite time of year.  Now, if the weather will just cool down sometime in the next month :-)  My goal is to be able to legitimately wear my boots before this pregnancy is over.  Can't wear boots when the highs are still in the 90's.

We only have 10 weeks and 6 days (not that I'm counting) until Olivia's due date.  You may have noticed that I don't post any pregnancy pics on here (or facebook).  I'm just not one of those people who takes pictures of my ever expanding waistline.  I do promise to put up at least one good belly picture before Olivia gets here.  For now though I am happy to say that my weight gain has been right on track for the "normal" range (about 20 lbs at 29 weeks).  This is a huge deal to me since I gained a lot (45 lbs) with Autumn and wanted to avoid that this time around.  At this time last pregnancy I had already gained over 30 lbs.  I was pretty happy when I bought a new dress this week in a Small from the regular women's section at Old Navy (not maternity).  I haven't been working out the last two weeks or so though, so I need to get back to it soon.  I've just been too tired in the evenings to do anything at all.  Once I get Autumn in bed I head to bed myself.



My size Small dress.  Just imagine it with a big bump.
I feel like I have so much to do over the next 10+ weeks and I am just not very motivated to do it.  I need to finish planning Autumn's 2nd birthday party, organize/clean up our spare room, organize/clean up the study, which is supposed to become Olivia's room, and just generally declutter our house to make room for another little person.  Andrew has much more work to do, but that's another story.

Autumn's birthday invitation, to be mailed soon.

I bought supplies to try to make these for Autumn's party. 
I am not very crafty, so wish me luck!
Andrew is working a lot these days.  Usually August through September 15th I can expect to see him for dinner only on Friday - Sunday nights.  The rest of the week he gets home well past midnight.  Autumn and I have been calling him when she goes to bed, so she can say "night night Dada".  She still calls him Dada, not Daddy. 


I think Autumn and I need a couple of these shirts.
We generally spend our evenings with my Mom or both of my parents.  They take really great care of Autumn and I during Andrew's busy seasons.  On Monday, Autumn and I had dinner, frozen yogurt and playtime with Papa.  Autumn even fell in the fountain at the Town Square.  She loved it!

Autumn loves playing in the Town Square.
Autumn is starting to talk so much these days.  Some new words include: wipes, bug (she saw a bug  crawling across her floor last night and pointed it out to me), and bow.  I think she is starting to string some words together, but I still have a tough time deciphering all she says.  Her favorite words are still Mommy and Minnie, although bow and baby are said pretty frequently these days too. 

On Tuesday night we had "meet the teacher night" at Autumn's school.  I really like her school.  Her teachers are all great.  She has loved Ms. Sonia and Ms. Trini this past year and I'm sure she will miss them a lot, although she will only be next door.  Currently there are only 8 kids in her classroom with 2 teachers.  I think 2 more kids may be enrolling before Monday, but still I am very happy with that ratio of kids to teachers.

Autumn's old classroom.
On Wednesday night my Mom and I took Autumn to Pottery Barn Kids.  My Mom was looking for a highchair for Autumn's baby doll and she found one there.  Autumn played in the store for probably an hour.  She loved the play kitchen and the jogging stroller for the baby dolls.  She kept stacking the plastic cups on the table and then putting them in the shopping cart and back again.  I ended up buying her the shopping cart for her birthday.  Shhh, don't tell her it's coming.  My Mom already gave her the highchair for her baby doll this week and she LOVES it.  She puts "baby" in the chair and then pretends to feed her.  "Baby" also has to sit next to her when she eats.  Too cute!
Autumn's birthday present.

Baby highchair.
In other news, Autumn (and Andrew and I) will be on TV on Monday evening.  We were interviewed this week about Autumn's experience with pediatric anaesthesia when she had her tubes put in back in March.  Apparently a new study has asserted that there may be a link between language and developmental delays and pediatric anaesthesia in children under 3.  Texas Children's was interviewed about the study by ABC News (Channel 13) and they were asked to recommend a family who has had a good experience with pediatric anaesthesia to be interviewed.  Due to our family medical connections (Papa and Tio are both anaesthesiologists) we were the first family to come to mind.  Andrew and I both stated that we were comfortable with the anaesthesia in Autumn and that we would recommend other parents consulting with their pediatrician and other doctors involved before going into any surgery.  We actually both believe that Autumn would have had language delays if she had not had her tubes put in.  Her hearing test prior to the surgery was horrible!  She had so much fluid in her ears that she could barely hear.  She didn't really even start saying simple things like "Mama" and "Dada" until after her surgery.  We have since seen a huge improvement in her language skills.  Be on the lookout for her interview on Monday at 6PM on Channel 13.  You can also view it on-line after it airs.  I will try to remember to post a link to the video.

That's about all that is going on with us these days.

2 comments: