Friday, June 22, 2012

Baby Walker Gender Reveal

A week ago, on Thursday, we had a "Gender Reveal Party" to reveal to our family and ourselves Baby Walker's gender.  Immediately after our ultrasound on Wednesday I went to The Sweet Boutique (TSB)  in the Sugar Land Town Square and placed an order for two dozen chocolate cake pops with either pink or blue cake inside.  I had e-mailed back and forth with Martin, one of the bakers there, about placing my order.  I wanted to be able to give them an envelope with the baby's sex written on a piece of paper inside and leave without knowing exactly which cake pops I was ordering.  This worked out perfectly, because my friend, Carey, who is one of TSB Managers was working there when I arrived.  I knew that the blue cake pops would be a little more expensive than the pink ones, because they have to make the cake dough custom vs. just using the strawberry cake dough for the pink.  Since I knew there was a cost differential I told Carey I did not want to know my final total for the cake pops, so I wouldn't figure out which color I was ordering.  TSB was great and they handled the order perfectly. 

I had asked everyone to dress in either blue or pink, depending on whether they thought we were having a boy or girl.  It was fun to see the guesses.  After everyone arrived, before we even started eating dinner, we decided to dig into the cake pops, so we could see if we were having a girl or boy.    I passed out the cake pops to everyone and told them to wait.  Autumn was going to bite into the cake pop first.  She knew exactly what to do.  That girl loves her some cake pops.  After a couple of bites Autumn got into the cake and we could tell that the inside was PINK!  We are having another sweet baby girl.  I am so excited for Autumn to have a little sister and for me to dress them alike!  I think Andrew has decided to forego a college savings and just start saving for weddings.  Andrew has always said that he would be perfectly happy with all baby girls, so I knew he wouldn't be upset that he wasn't getting a little boy to play with. 

We really enjoyed sharing this special moment with our families.  I loved the gender reveal party idea.  It was such a fun way to celebrate our little girl.

Here are some fun pics from the party!




Big girl excited to party!


Playing with Nana's cane.


More cane action.


Passing out the cake pops.


Cake Pops!


Tia guessed girl!





Let's get this party started!


Why is everyone so interested in me eating?



Proud Mommy and Daddy.


Big sister digging into a corn on the cob!


5 comments:

  1. Congrats!! I love gender reveal parties. So fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can steal out pinata idea! It was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for sisters! They will be the best of friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! So cute! :) I always mean to comment more, it looks like you guys have a great life.

    ReplyDelete